Superpower, the ultimate voltage regulator
"The best solution is a well-designed power supply in the audio gear itself." Ed Simon's conclusion of a 5 part article on cleaning up AC power lines in AudioXpress, Aug - Dec 2008.
Now you can have the best solution! Today's 24 bit and higher circuits demand the best voltage regulation, and the Belleson Superpower gives it to you. The patented design fully isolates almost all circuitry from the input voltage, providing the best line regulation possible. The innovative design delivers current faster and cleaner than ever before available, with the lowest possible output impedance!
Bootstrap powered by its own clean, quiet output voltage, the Superpower has amazing load regulation, low noise and dynamic performance, delivering 2+ Amps of output current.
You may have heard of a "super regulator" designed by noted engineer, author and audiophile designer Walt Jung. Mr. Jung's design and several variations, while excellent, have been improved.
The Belleson Superpower regulator, like Mr. Jung's design, uses the
regulator's cleaned and quieted output voltage as the "bootstrapped"
power source for its own internal reference and error amplifier. In
- It is stable with the included 10µF output capacitance and remains stable with larger values.
- Output voltage is set with a single resistor.
- Superpower fits a 3 terminal regulator footprint and can bolt
directly to a heat sink.
- Start-up is guaranteed—the expected output voltage is the only stable state.
- Gain/bandwidth of the internal amplifier is independent of output voltage.
- Drop-out voltage is as low as 1V at currents to 2A for the SPJ version.
- Superpower performs better without a pre-regulator.
- There are no LEDs and no zener diodes.